Sunday, January 25, 2009

Our First Blog Post!

While I mostly joined blogspot to browse other people's more interesting lives, I figured I should put something about us up here. So here is a brief summary of the Scott Family is and our latest scoop!

All the way back from our early beginnings....No! Just kidding!


After knowing each other through friends in High School, we started dating after Aaron returned from his first deployment to Iraq. We were so young and trim and tan. Hehe!



In February of 2006, Aaron surprised me with our first puppy and love, Gracie Lou Scott.



About two months later we were married after a quick 3 month engagement prompted by news of Aaron's second deployment.




After a quickly squeezing in my UNT graduation and a cruise honeymoon, Aaron headed off to Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and California for training.


While Aaron trained for the summer, I hopped on planes and followed him around the country trying to squeeze in as much time together as possible!



In August, Aaron left for Haditha, Iraq and I began my first year of teaching in 2nd grade.



In October, Aaron's convoy ran over a landmine while traveling to back to their Iraqi Police Station. Shortly after, he was medavaced out and transfered to Fallujah before returning home in April 2007. Yay!



In May we brought Bo, our first minpin, home. He was going to be Aaron's post-deployment and summer project! Then, we couldn't pass up on Lucy (Goose) at the pet store in July. We might have a minpin problem now!


We bought our first home in October of 2007 in Little Elm. We are loving being homeowners! And the good old backyard made bringing home our LAST puppy, Audrey Sue, too tempting to pass up. She is daddy's huntin' dog! So we have two big girls, and two little pups. We're done with dogs for now. We're not collecting and no, we don't want yours. :)




Currently, I teach Kindergarten in a coteach classroom with my awesome coteacher, Candace (below). The Kindergarteners are adorable, hilarious, amazing, and full of energy! They keep you on your toes and I'm loving every minute! Aaron took a job this fall at our local high school teaching their in school suspension room. You'd be surprised how similiar our students can be some days!



We're looking on to the future and excited about the things to come! We'll keep you updated in our Scott Family Scoop!



Hugs and Kisses to our families!!! XOXO!



0 comments: