If I title it "Spring Break," does that mean that it's over? :( It was really a very nice break. Not as much sleeping in as I had hoped, but still much needed!
This week still managed to be pretty busy. You know I had a to-do list broken down by day of exciting things from calling the county about our house taxes to cleaning the ceiling fan blades and changing the fire detector batteries. Wild aren't we? I marveled at how we would've gotten any of our stuff done had we actually planned a vacation. But I'm guessing we just would not have done these things and probably not given it a second thought sitting on the beach with a cold margarita. Oh well....productivity is good too. :)
Our major excitement was sadly Bo's man surgery. We were thrilled to finally have time to do this because he has recently picked up a few naughty habits that will hopefully be taken care of now. :D He was and still is pitiful and milking it for all it's worth. I wish I'd taken video that first night when he got home - still loopy on the anesthesia and trying to navigate the house in his cone....priceless. He'd wander around, get stuck facing a wall, and fall asleep standing - frozen.
After that the only official plans we had were to take Mike to the King Tut exhibit at the DMA. My mom mentioned that it might be fun and made the mistake of doing so within his earshot. So the deed was done and we were going. But who knew it was the spring break hotspot and even though we got there around noon - the tickets were sold out until 7:30??? So we bumbled around dallas - hit the Arboretum and had some great dinner with my dad and Diane in the Lakeview area - Matt's (tex mex) - a queso drenched chicken fried steak with guac - YUM! Who knew? It turned out to be a pretty fun touristy day in Dallas!
We've also been cooking a bit. We had Chuck and Mom over on Wednesday for a pasta night - baked ziti, bread, salad, ice cream and fruit. Yum! Today Dad and Diane (and Truly!) came to get Mike and (hopefully) enjoy some Korean food. Asian food is very labor intensive with a TON of ingredients and lots of chopping - I think I have a blister from my knife! Last time I made Daeji Bulgolgi (marinated and barbequed pork) but this time tried some beef and shrimp too. I made a cold cabbage salad, did some rice, kimshee, and edamame too. It was pretty tasty if I do say so myself...there's none left....so that's a good sign, right? My grandma would be proud.
So....with the remaining things on the list being grocery shopping, laundry, etc....I'm thinking that this is all the excitement I have to post for Spring Break. I think it's adequate. :) I'm just excited we did something worth taking pictures of! :) YAY! Back to our smiley kiddos on Monday - Farm unit begins! My FAV!
0 comments:
Post a Comment