Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fun and busy weekend!

Well after Swine flu took the week and turned it upside-down and backwards, I'm grateful to have a "regular" start to this week....as regular as it will be with jury duty, kinder screening, parent conferences, and field day. At least I had a fun, relaxing weekend to get things started!

First, just have to post this picture of Bo. This is Bo's personality 100%....tounge flying, unfocused, crazy smilin'...Bo.

And the weekend began with 2 trips into Lewisville to take Goose back to the vet. She had surgery last Friday to fix her...lady parts. She still managed to lick herself and popped a stitch therby undoing the product of her surgery. *sigh* So she's in a cone now to keep the last stitch in until he can do surgery again. turd.

Friday night I went with Candace and almost all of her family to the LISD Annual Awards Banquet. She recieved her Hicks Teacher of the Year award. It was a really fun night and I am so proud of her! She deserves it more than anyone else I know!

Saturday after lawnwork and grocery shopping, Aaron and I headed off for our Anniversary Weekend. So far we have a tradition (if 3 years is a tradition yet) of going back to where we had our reception dinner and where we stayed on our wedding night. We eat a big steak, rent a movie, and sit on the balcony to read and make our next year's predictions. We try to guess random things about next year - what we'll be up to, our family, the price of gas, whatever and put them in an envelope until next year. It's interesting. Aaron got 9 predictions right, I got 11. Not that anyone's counting.

Green! Everything is green again!!


My second favorite part to this tradition is the breakfast they serve. YUM. And so far we've eaten at the same table by this waterfall. Four times now. :)


Came home to some blooming lilies!
Gracie got full, uninterrupted rights to our T-bone from dinner. I love her - she's the best dog.

So that's our weekend in a wrap. :) It was really great to relax, take late check out, and sleep in, dog free. We look forward to going back in 2010!

0 comments: