It's been forever since I've posted. A quick update....in list form....because I heart lists. :)
1. Over Memorial Day we drove down to San Antonio to visit some of our very best friends, Brad and Andrea. I had to steal the picture of Andrea and me from her blog because I didn't take any. :( But we had a great time eating, catching up, seeing a concert, drinking coffee and reading the paper on someone else's couch! A good break from reality! I read most of "The Host" too....it's easy to read when there is no laundry to fold....or while Andrea is folding her laundry. :) We miss them very much and don't get to see them, so it was really good to get down there!
Goose had to go with us because of her stitches. She's a good traveler though. Mmm....Which Wich.
Andrea and me at the concert! And Brad's shadow.
If this were facebook, I would tag him.
2. Then school slammed to a stop....it always does.....you spin so wildly fast you don't know up from down and then it's over....like a storm. And you're left going, "Where'd all the kids go???" On to 1st grade is the answer. :(
3. But after school was out and Mike was at camp, my mom and I took a girls trip to Fredericksburg. I get frequent driver miles to central/south Texas lately, eh? We hadn't had a girls trip since my Senior year of HIGH SCHOOL. So it was well overdue!!! We had a GREAT time wining, dining, shopping, shopping, shopping, and shopping. :) All of these things required naps. It was nice to spend time with my momma and talk about stupid stuff and eat til we felt like we could pop! We encountered the WORST storm ever on the way down....I had to pull my seat up because my ankles were shaking too much to get good leverage on the peddle. I can try to explain but it will do it no justice....just picture Noah-like-rain, hail, trees falling, lightening, thunder, WIND.....ugh. Scariest hour and a half on the road in my life!!!! But we survived and arrived at our "Gingerbread House!"

4) I returned to a mostly complete home improvement project. I think we get to thank Brad and Andrea for the 3 days of taping, priming, and painting. UGH. And then Candace for bailing us out when I had blisters from my roller. People kept asking, "what was wrong with the color before?"......you know, I'm not really sure we know the answer to that question. But the new color is way better. :) But now everything is spirling into another....paint the walls, put up crown molding so we don't have to tape the ceiling, pull off the baseboards so we can put down laminate....don't worry about the carpet! Dropcloth smopcloth! .....but currently we are here....
Painted and added tile to the fire place. It's not quite "expresso brown" enough....too "chocolate milkshake" but I don't care enough to change it right now.
Still staring at this....a week later....*sigh*
We're pulling up the carpet and putting in laminate....see? ....yaaaayyyy......
See? new floors. *sigh* The plan, I hear, is to get them OUT of the box....and onto the floor. yes.
I dream of re-attached baseboards one day....
and crown molding....
0 comments:
Post a Comment